At her clinic in Calgary, Alberta, Dr. Zakhary, an Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Facial Cosmetic Surgeon, provides medical skin care therapy using Obagi medical skin care creams, to help her patients to achieve great skin texture, colour and help to treat Acne and Acne scarring. Dr. Zakhary offers this medicated skin care system since it is supported by a very long standing strong reputation for good results for her Calgary skin care patients, and clinic scientific studies that prove the results in skin improvement.
The Obagi Skin Medical Care System is a medical skin care line that can transform your skin at the level of the baby skin cells, to actually make your skin younger and healthier. The medical skin care creams are excellent, but the individualized treatment and follow up that you receive at Dr. Zakhary's office in Calgary is even better, since the treatment is targeted for your specific skin type and desired results. Careful and regular follow up appointments with Dr. Zakhary will ensure a comfortable experience as your old skin cells are replaced by new, younger and healthier skin cells.
The Obagi Nu-Derm System speeds up your cells process of making new skin cells and shedding the old cells, to improve the skin's overall texture and colour. Since it is a medical skin care line, you need a doctor to prescribe and teach you about it.
What Happens To Your Skin As You Age?
The surface of your skin is constantly going through 3 main aging processes. These include: 1. Rough Texture caused by irregular skin cell formation and dead skin build-up, 2. Brown pigmentation caused by sun exposure and genetic influences, and 3. Redness caused by thinning skin and age induced skin trauma. Dr. Zakhary's Calgary patients most commonly present with brown skin pigmentation problems, such as melasma (pregnancy mask), age spots, freckles and brown acne scars. These problems can occur in any skin type, and in individuals with darker skin types, these problems can occur as early at 30 years old or younger.
Some individuals present to Dr. Zakhary with red blotchy facial skin. This is often a result of an inherited skin condition called "Acne Rosacea". Acne Rosacea is caused by multiple triggers, including sun exposure, alcohol ingestion, spicey foods, cold wind, hot weather, hormone changes and other factors. As a result, this condition cannot be cured, but the blotchy skin and associated acne pimples can be treated and controlled and reduced with medicated at home skin creams, like the Obagi skin medicated skin care creams, and certain laser treatments. It is important to consult with Dr. Zakhary, who is a Surgeon who is Board Certified in Facial Plastic Surgery, so that she can assess your individual concern and suggest specific treatments for you.
How Can Obagi Medicated Skin Care Creams Help?
The Obagi medicated skin care creams penetrates deep in your skin to improve damage that is caused by the sun or by time and age. The result of using the Obagi medical skin care creams under Dr. Zakhary's guidance is better than that of a chemical peel or microdermabrasion treatment.
Similar to a chemical peel or microdermabrasion treatment, the Obagi Nuderm creams help to remove older skin cells. Unlike a chemical peel or microdermabrasion treatment, the Obagi Nuderm creams also help to stimulate the skin to create new younger cells and collagen, and prevent skin discolouration. Below is a list of exactly how it works.
The medicines in the Obagi Nuderm medicated skin care creams:
• Push younger and fresher cells to the surface of your skin faster. This results in smoother skin with less fine wrinkles, especially in the eye and lip areas.
• Slows down the activity of the colour making cells in your skin to reduce pigmentation problems (like melasma – pregnancy mask, age spots,freckles and brown discoloured acne scars) and helps to prevent the appearance of new skin discolouration and pigmentation. Your skin will be more glowing and radiant.
• Helps the baby skin cells at the deep layers of your skin to become more uniform, which results in a smoother and more even skin texture.
• Help to increase elastin and Collagen formation for stonger, more youthful and younger looking skin. This also helps to improve shallow indented acne scars for a smoother skin appearance.
• Increase the formation of hyaluronic acid in your skin, which is a sugar that attracts water to your cells to naturally hydrate your skin, without the need for moisturizers in the long term.
• Reduces oil formation in the treated areas, in order to reduce acne pimples.
• Contain antioxidants and Increase the formation of new healthy blood vessels to the deep layers of the skin to help the circulation for healthier looking, and faster healing skin.
It is important to remember that continuing the skin care creams will help you to maintain your good results. Stopping the creams will result in your skin going back to normal and you will lose the benefits gained while using the Obagi Nuderm system.
Obagi Vitamin C Treatment System
Dr. Zakhary also offers the Obagi Vitamin C Treatment System in her Calgary office. This is a different skin care line which is meant for younger or very sensitive skin. It combines the scientifically proven benefits of doctor-strength Vitamin C, to help to brighten and lighten your skin, with a patented formula of prescription medications. This specially formulated Obagi Vitamin C system of medicated creams, together with Dr. Zakhary's expert instructions and guidance, works to:
• Reduce the appearance of age spots, pigmentation and freckles that are caused by sun damage and hormone changes, to give you a more glowing and brighter skin.
• Encourage the production of Collagen in your skin to help you to have smoother skin that has less fine wrinkles and lines.
• Provides maximum antioxidants to your skin to protect it from environmental aging factors, to prevent future damage.
Contact Dr. Zakhary's Calgary Clinic now at 403-450-3759 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how the Obagi Skin Therapy medicated creams can save your skin!